AGO General conditions for booking
As an intermediary, we are obliged to ensure that:
- You receive a written confirmation of your booking.
- You receive information and details about how to make the payment, where to pick up the key and other matters relevant to your stay.
- The cottage/apartment matches the description.
- You will be informed of all significant changes related to your booking.
- You may use the cottage/apartment from 4pm on the agreed day of arrival until 10am on the day of departure, unless otherwise confirmed.
- If you are not satisfied with the cottage/apartment, you should contact us. Read more about this below.
When will my booking become binding?
Both you and we are bound by the rental agreement as soon as we con-firm the booking and you pay the registration fee (or the rent in full).
The minimum age for anyone who books and stays in the cot-tage/apartment is 18 years, excluding families with children. The names of all fellow travellers must be provided at the time of booking or before payment has been made.
When should I pay?
If you make your booking earlier than 60 days in advance, the registration fee is 20% of the rent, or SEK 1,000, whichever is greater. The registra-tion fee must be paid within 10 days of us sending the booking confirma-tion to you. The registration fee will be deducted from the rent. The re-mainder of the rent must be paid no later than 60 days before the agreed date of arrival.
When booking later than 60 days in advance, the full rent must be paid immediately.
What happens if I don't pay on time?
If you do not pay the registration fee on time, we retain the right to cancel your booking. If you do not pay the rent on time, it counts as a cancella-tion on your part and cancellation rules apply.
What if I want to cancel?
Cancellations must always be done in writing to us. Cancellations made to anyone else but AGO are not valid. We are obliged to confirm your cancellation in writing.
If you cancel earlier than 60 days before the agreed arrival, you will only pay a cancellation fee of SEK 700 per apartment/cottage. Your registration fee will be refunded, less the cancellation fee. If you cancel 60 days or later before the agreed arrival, you will have to pay 100% of the rent.
If we manage to rent out the cottage/apartment to someone else, we will refund you an amount equivalent to the new tenant's rent, less a cancella-tion or rebooking fee of SEK 700 per apartment/cottage.
What if I want to cancel or rebook due to the Covid-19 outbreak?
Should the authorities advise against travel within Sweden, or if the lifts are not permitted to stay open due to restrictions from the authorities, you may rebook/cancel your accommodation until 14 days before arrival, if you have purchased cancellation insurance. The condition applies if advice against travel is issued by Swedish authorities, not recommendations. In the event of cancellation, the cancellation insurance fee will not be re-funded. In the event of rebooking, the cancellation insurance will be trans-ferred to the new booking. Should there be no advice against travel and the ski lifts are open, our usual booking conditions apply. If you live in a country that has closed the borders or advises against travel to Sweden, we refer to your personal travel insurance for compensation/refund. If the ski lifts do not run due to restrictions, the same conditions apply as for domestic guests.
What if something happens to me?
You can protect yourself against the cancellation cost by purchasing a cancellation insurance. The insurance costs SEK 450 per cabin/apartment and means that you can cancel and in some cases get a refund. Cancel-lations must be made no later than 24 hours before the agreed date of arrival. The cancellation insurance is paid for at the time of payment to-gether with the registration fee. An administration fee of SEK 250 is charged per cot-tage/apartment in case of cancellation.
The cancellation insurance fee is non-refundable.
Cancellation insurance applies in the following cases, which must not have been known when you booked:
- a) death, illness or accident of a serious nature affecting yourself, spouse, cohabitating partner, family or fellow traveller
- b) conscription to the armed forces or civil defence
You need a certificate from, for example, a doctor, authority or insurance company to prove why your cancellation is necessary. The certificate must be sent to us as soon as possible and no later than 10 days after the cancellation. The medical certificate shall indicate the date of exami-nation, results and diagnosis, that the disease is acute and that the dis-ease or accident constitutes a serious obstacle for the traveller to under-take the journey. The traveller/fellow traveller does not have the right to cancel the trip with a medical certificate unless the certificate clearly shows that the disease/injury is of an acute nature.
The co-traveller must be named on the booking.
What are my rights?
If we do not provide the cottage/apartment in the advertised condition or at the right time and are unable to offer you another cottage/apartment, whose differences compared to the one you booked are so small that they are irrelevant to you, then you have the right to cancel the lease. We must then repay what you have paid us and reimburse you for your prov-en and reasonable costs, less the benefit you may have had from the cottage/apartment.
As an alternative to terminating the rental agreement, you are entitled to request a reduction of the rental cost.
If you have any complaints, please submit them to us as soon as possi-ble, but no later than 24 hours after arrival. Any problems that occur dur-ing your stay should be reported immediately, to allow us the opportunity to rectify it.
Your reservation is transferable and we must accept the replacement un-less we have justified reasons not to. In such a case you must notify us prior to the arrival date, and you will be charged a rebooking fee of SEK 300.
What are my obligations?
- The minimum age for anyone who books and stays in the cot-tage/apartment is 18 years, excluding families with children.
- You must keep the cottage/apartment in good condition and follow all rules, instructions and conditions that apply to the property.
- You as the customer are responsible for any damage that occurs to the property or its equipment due to you or someone else in your company being negligent.
- You must not use the cottage/apartment for anything other than what was agreed at the time of booking (usually for leisure purposes) and you must not allow more people to stay in the cottage/apartment or on the plot, than you stated at the time of booking.
- You must not disturb neighbors at any time, day or night. In the event of disturbance in or around the accommodation that leads to visits from se-curity companies/security guards, a fee of SEK 1,500 will be charged on the first occasion. In the event of repeated offenses, your entire company will be evicted with immediate effect. Evictions will be charged with a fine of minimum SEK 2,000.
- AGO has the right to terminate the agreement with immediate effect if the guest or any person in the guest’s party behaves in a disorderly manner and/or causes damage to the lodging or the surrounding area, or if the lodging is used for purposes other than intended. If the agreement is ter-minated, the guest and those in his/her party must immediately move out of the accomodation and no refund will be payable. In the case of an im-mediate termination of the agreement for the above-mentioned reasons, AGO will debit the guest for the costs of the damage (a minimum of SEK 5,000). In the event of immediate notice of termination of the agreement, AGO reserves the right to be able to close the accommodation and remove the guest’s belongings.
- Non-returned key will be charged with a fine of minimum SEK 2,000.
- An ordered or mandatory cleaning does not include rough cleaning inside and outside, washing up or emptying garbage/empty bottles.
- In the event of unsatisfactory cleaning, we retain the right to carry out the cleaning at your expense.
- You are responsible for snow shoveling and/or de-icing in the immediate area surrounding your accommodation during the entirety of your stay.
- Violations of smoking or pet bans rules will be charged with a cleaning fee of a minimum of SEK 6,000.
- Charging of electric vehicles is only permitted at designated charging sta-tions. It is not permitted to use engine heater sockets and regular wall sockets to charge electric vehicles.
In circumstances where a deposit is required, it must be paid in conjunc-tion with the rent and it will be refunded to you after an approved inspec-tion in arrears. If the inspection is not approved, you will be contacted with a cost estimate for the damage as soon as possible. If the damages exceed the deposit, the difference is payable by you. If the cost of the damage is less than the deposit, the excess deposit will be refunded.
The Agreement expires with immediate effect and without reimbursement if:
- You or someone in your company behaves disturbingly in the cottage/apartment/ neighborhood area. You will be charged for any emergency call by security companies that you or your company have caused.
- You or someone in the company commits damage in the cot-tage/apartment/ neighborhood area. Any additional costs are paid in the event of eviction.
- That the apartment/cottage is used for an undisclosed purpose.
- You or someone in your company smokes in the cottage/apartment. If smoking is detected on or after departure, the intermediary is entitled to charge full compensation for the costs incurred.
- You or someone in your company has pets in a cottage/apartment that do not allow this. If it is detected on or after departure, the intermediary is entitled to charge full compensation for the costs incurred.
- The apartment is used by more people than intended. The maximum num-ber in the item description applies.
Both you and we have the right to withdraw from the rental agreement if the cottage/apartment cannot be provided due to acts of war, natural dis-asters, labour market conflict, longer interruptions in water and energy supply, fire or other similar major events, which neither you nor we could have foreseen or affected. In this case, we are obliged to pay back what you paid as soon as possible, less the benefit you have had from the cot-tage/apartment.
What do I do if I have any issues or concerns?
Please contact us directly with any complaints. Keep in mind that our ability to rectify any complaints might decrease the later you advise us of the issue. The Swedish version of the booking terms shall be the version used in interpreting the terms. If we can not come to a satisfactory agreement, you can contact The National Board for Customer Dispute (ARN) It consists of an impartial chairman and a number of representa-tives of tour operators and consumers. The Swedish version of the booking terms shall be the version used in interpreting the Terms
AGO Servicebolaget i Åre AB
Corporate identity No. 556670-5702
0647-515 00 email@example.com